Notice is hereby given that Richards Castle (Shropshire) Parish Council will meet at 7.30pm on Wednesday 18 July 2018 in the Betton Room at the Village Hall.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Declarations of Interest and Written Requests for Dispensation
Declaration of any disclosable pecuniary interest in a matter to be discussed at the meeting whether or not it is included in the register of interests. Members are reminded that they are required to leave the room during discussing and voting on matters in which they have a disclosable pecuniary interest whether or not the interest is entered into the register of members’ interests maintained by the Monitoring Officer.
3. Minutes of the previous meetings – 15 May and 19 June 2018
4. To support the proposal by the PCC to increase the secular use of the Church of All Saints, and consider how this might be facilitated.
5. To invite views and discussion from members of the public
18/02935/FUL Woofferton Wharf, Woofferton, SY8 4AL – Erection of a petrol filling station with ancillary retail element (sui generis use) and associated landscaping, parking and access, following demolition of existing building.
Update on planning decisions by Shropshire Council.
7. County Councillor Report
8. Report from Councillors who have attended meetings of other Organisations on behalf of the Parish Council
9. Financial Items
a) Payments for approval:
Hitrees, strimming splays at Wheatcommon Lane – £48.00
Shropshire Council, elections recharge – £100.00
The Clerk, wages April-June 2018 – £333.16
HMRC, PAYE Q1, 2018-18 – £83.20
b) Consider level of support for the 490 bus service in 2018-19.
10. Highway Items/ Amenity Items/ Footpath Items
a) Speeding on B4361 – Consider advice from Shropshire Council to report concerns to the Safer Roads Partnership, and request to support a petition.
b) Junction at Policeman’s Corner – Consider request to ask highways authority to improve the safety of the junction.
c) To report Highway / Amenity and Footpath items
11. Good Neighbour Scheme – Consider scheme for Richards Castle
12. Proposed participation in parish SmartWater scheme operated by West Mercia Police
13. Shropshire Council: Consultation on business rates discretionary relief policy review and enquiry regarding available burial capacity
14. WWI Beacons of Light, Hanway Common, 11 November 2018 – To plan for the event
15. Clerk’s Report
16. Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion)
17. Close meeting and date of next meeting
Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 07963 845358
13 July 2018