Minutes of Richards Castle (Shropshire) Parish Council Meeting Held at the Village Hall at 7.30 Pm on Tuesday 9 February 2016
PRESENT Cllr. H Salwey (Chairman); Cllr. T Harrell; Cllr. D Ayres; Cllr. B Allwright (Vice Chairman); and Cllr. C Giles.
IN ATTENDANCE Vivienne Parry, Shropshire Cllr., Ludlow South; and Richard Hewitt, Clerk. Three members of the public were present.
15/62 Apologies – Cllr. A Cowell and Cllr. A Wright.
15/63 Declarations of Members Interest and requests for Dispensation – None.
15/64 To approve the Minutes of the previous meeting – Minutes of the meeting held on 1 December 2015 were approved and signed as a correct record.
15/65 To invite views and discussion from members of the parish – There were no matters raised.
15/66 Financial items
- a) The following payments were approved: Boy Thorne, cutting of grass, Old Church (£87.00); Hitrees, footpath maintenance (£432.00); and the Clerk, wages, December 2015-January 2016 (£179.14).
- b) In light of the probable closing of Shrop.Net by June 2016, the parish council decided to apply for a £932.50 transparency code grant to fund a new website and parish council laptop. The new website will be built in partnership with Richards Castle (Hereford) if possible.
- c) The meeting agreed to provide £75.00 to support an event on Hanway Common to mark the 90th Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen. Facilitated by the Chairman, there will be a beacon, and a ‘bring your own supper’ on the evening of 21 April 2016. As this part of Hanway Common falls within Herefordshire, the meeting agreed to request that Richards Castle (Hereford) confirms the relevant insurance.
- d) A letter requesting the cancellation of the monthly vouchers statement service from HSBC was agreed and signed.
- e) The parish council noted a letter from the Pensions Regulator which states the staging date for automatic enrolment is 1 January 2017. Under the provisions, the Clerk will be an ‘entitled worker’ which means a pension can be requested. The parish council is not obliged to make contributions to the pensions of entitled workers.
- f) It was agreed that Smaller Authorities Audit Appointments Ltd. will appoint new external auditors on behalf of the parish council.
15/67 Clerk’s Report – Shropshire Council has adopted the Site Allocations and Management of Development (SAMDev) Plan.
15/68 Highway Items/ Amenity Items/ Footpath Items
- a) Extended 490 bus service to Ludlow: The cost of a three day per week extended service provided by Herefordshire Council was noted. The meeting agreed to monitor the situation and review the matter at the next meeting. The possible re-routing of the ‘Ludlow Traveller’ service between Tenbury Wells and Ludlow to pick up in Richards Castle on Friday mornings was welcomed.
- b) Highways improvements, Park Lane: Shropshire Cllr. Parry said she had spoken with the responsible highways officer who wants to know what the parish council would like to see the £10,000 funding used for. Allwright said he will visit Park Lane and propose options for the parish council to consider at the next meeting.
- c) Speed awareness wheelie bin stickers: The proposal was not supported.
- d) Millennium parish map: Locating a replacement map for the Black Pool Car Park, Mortimer Forest may not be possible due to the period of time that has elapsed since the printing.
- e) Highway/ Footpath and Amenity Matters: The meeting noted the leaning tree on the footpath behind Moor Park has been cut in half by Shropshire Council, clearing the footpath.
15/05464/FUL 1 Batchcott, Richards Castle, Shropshire, SY8 4EB – Erection of a replacement dwelling. The planning application was supported.
16/00384/FUL The Bungalow, Park Lane, Woofferton, Shropshire, SY8 4EH – Erection of single storey side extension to include replacement garage following demolition of existing garage. The planning application was supported.
15/03134/VAR Ludlow Touring Park, Overton Road, Ludlow, SY8 4AD – The planning officer has acknowledged the parish council comments on the planning application were received on 15 September 2015, and has considered them in light of the application. The officer was of the view that the “recommended planning conditions are fully sufficient to address the concerns expressed”.
The meeting noted Shropshire Council has granted planning permission for 13/05026/FUL Proposed Dwelling Adjacent Mitnell Villa. Outline planning permission has been refused for 15/00401/OUT Holly Cottage; and 15/02473/OUT The Bell House.
15/70 Restoration of clock, All Saints Church – The Chairman confirmed the clock at All Saints Church is part of the war memorial located in the churchyard. It was agreed to make a formal request to Richards Castle (Hereford) for a contribution of £333.00 towards the restoration of the clock, and to make enquiries of the previous Clerk to see if additional funding has been obtained and allocated for this purpose.
15/71 Training for parish councillors – The meeting noted the availability of training for councillors via SALC.
15/72 Report from Representatives who have attended meetings of other Organisations on behalf of the Parish Council and County Councillor Report – Shropshire Cllr. Parry said she is able to make representations for the parish council with regard to current planning applications, and confirmed the ‘Big Conversation’ consultation was still ongoing.
15/73 Matters raised for next meeting – None.
15/74 Next Meeting – The next meeting of the parish council is at 7.30pm on Tuesday 5 April 2016.
The meeting closed at 8.55pm.