Notice is hereby given that the Annual Meeting of Richards Castle (Shropshire) Parish Council will be held
at 7.30 pm on Thursday 14 May 2020
THIS WILL BE AN ONLINE MEETING VIA ZOOM
Members of the public wishing to join the meeting should use the following links:
1. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman
2. Apologies for absence
3. Declarations of Interest and Written Requests for Dispensation
Declaration of any disclosable pecuniary interest in a matter to be discussed at the meeting whether or not it is included in the register of interests. Members are reminded that they are required to leave the room during discussing and voting on matters in which they have a disclosable pecuniary interest whether or not the interest is entered into the register of members’ interests maintained by the Monitoring Officer.
4. Minutes of the previous meeting – 28 January 2020
5. County Councillor Report
6. To invite views and discussion from members of the public
7. Clerk’s Report
8. Proposal to request that Shropshire Council implements a traffic regulation order for a 30mph speed limit on the B4361 by the village hall
20/01482/FUL Leighs Field Cottage, Richards Castle, SY8 4EQ – Erection of a single storey rear extension.
19/02958/TDC Proposed Residential Development Land To The North Of Richards Castle – Application for Technical Details Consent pursuant of 18/04076/PIP for the residential development of nine dwellings. To review the comment agreed on 30 July 2019 and consider whether to amend, modify or withdraw the previous representation.
Update on planning decisions by Shropshire Council.
10. Report from Councillors who have attended meetings of other Organisations on behalf of the Parish Council
11. Financial Items
a) To consider annual insurance renewal with Came & Co
b) To consider outstanding payments:
Came & Co, parish council insurance – £338.40
Hitrees, maintenance of footpath to village hall – £86.40
Eyelid Productions, annual website support – £100.00
The Clerk, wages January-March 2020 – £410.45
c) To ratify payments made by the Clerk under delegated powers
d) External Audit – to note requirement to adopt accounts by 31st August 2020
12. Highway Items/ Amenity Items/ Footpath Items
a) To report Highway / Amenity and Footpath items
b) Consider proposal to make freedom of information request to Highways England to obtain details of expenditure used to widen the A49 by Ashford Bowdler
13. Shropshire Council Small Grants Programme – Review and agree next steps
14. Consider grant application to Police and Crime Commissioner to support local community groups which may need to purchase small items such as appropriate PPE (masks, gloves), ID badges, stationery etc.
15. Commission contractor to update website to be compliant with accessibility guidelines by September 2020
16. Consider consultation on Draft Local Economic Growth Strategy for Ludlow
17. Review and consider update to the Clerk’s delegated powers in respect of:
a) Delegated powers to spend up to £1,000 between meetings when unforeseen circumstances occur;
b) Delegated powers to spend against specific items in the annual budget e.g. for environmental maintenance, hall hire, clerk’s salary, as identified in the budget when setting the precept; and
c) Delegated powers to comment on planning applications between meetings when unforeseen circumstances occur.
All actions implemented under delegated powers must be reported and recorded in the minutes of the next parish council meeting.
18. Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion)
19. Close meeting and date of next meeting
Clerk to the Parish Council
10 May 2020