Minutes of Richards Castle (Shropshire) Parish Council Meeting Held at the Village Hall at 7.30:pm on Wednesday 1 July 2015
PRESENT Cllr. H Salwey (Chairman); Cllr. A Cowell; Cllr. T Harrel; Cllr. A Wright; Cllr. D Ayres; Cllr. Allwright; and Cllr. B Anderson.
IN ATTENDANCE Richard Hewitt, Clerk. Four members of the public present.
15/18 Apologies – None.
15/19 Declarations of Members Interest and requests for Dispensation – Cllr. Wright declared a pecuniary interest in planning application 15/02324/OUT Wyson Lane, Woofferton, SY8 4AL. The meeting agreed to purchase a book to record Declarations of Interest.
15/20 To approve the Minutes of the previous meeting – Minutes of the meeting held on 5 May 2015 were approved and signed as a correct record.
15/21 To Co-opt two new members – There were four expressions of interest in being co-opted to the parish council from members of the public present at the meeting. The Clerk highlighted the Co-Option, Best Practice procedure recommended by Shropshire Council, which was followed in co-opting Mr David Ayres and Mr Martyn Calvin (Bruce) Allwright to the parish council. Mr Ayres and Mr Allwright signed the Decalaration of Acceptance of Office, received a Disclosable Pecuniary Interests form to complete and return to the Monitoring Officer, and joined the meeting as councillors.
15/22 Election of Vice-Chairman for the ensuing Year – Cllr. Bruce Allwright was elected Vice Chairman.
15/23 To invite views and discussion from members of the parish – There were no matters raised.
15/24 Financial items
- a) The following payment was approved: Village Lunch Club, donation (£84.00). The training session with SALC was not required.
- b) The meeting agreed to update signatories to the parish council bank account, to include all councillors who wished to be signatories. The Clerk will organise a date to meet at the bank with appropriate identification to complete the paperwork.
15/25 Chairman’s Items not of a Policy or Financial nature – There were no matters raised.
15/26 Highway Items/ Amenity Items/ Footpath Items
- a) There was no objection to the proposal from Ludlow Town Council to place twinning signage in the parish.
- b) The meeting considered a request from Brimfield and Little Hereford Parish Council to move the HGV sign at Wyson Lane to improve its visibility, and agreed to request this from Shropshire Council.
- c) A quotation from HITREES Ltd to maintain the pavements by the village hall and through Overton to Policeman’s Corner was agreed.
- d) The meeting agreed to report the following defects to Shropshire Council: substandard footpath bridge near the Herefordshire/ Shropshire boundary; and blocked drain under B4362 at Woofferton. The Chairman said he will look at the electric fence reported to be sited too close to the adjacent hedge/ public footpath on Church Lane.
15/27 Shropshire Council Consultations
- a) Place Plan Review 2015-16: the meeting commented that footpaths need to be better supported to encourage tourism. The section of the Shropshire Way over Brown Clee is impassable, and requires a suitable crossing over the A49.
- b) Site Allocations and Management of Development (SamDev) Plan – main modifications: the meeting agreed to make no comment.
15/28 Report from Representatives who have attended meetings of other Organisations on behalf of the Parish Council and County Councillor Report – There were no reports.
15/29 Matters raised for next meeting – There were no matters raised.
15/02343/LBC Ravenscourt Manor, Ashford Bowdler, Ludlow, SY8 4AL – Erection of detached double car port, garage and log store affecting a Grade II Listed Building. There were no objections to the proposed plans.[Cllr. Wright left the meeting.]
15/02324/OUT Wyson Lane, Woofferton, SY8 4AL – Outline application for residential development of up to 34 dwellings to include means of access (cross boundary application) (revised scheme). It was agreed to comment that: Richards Castle (Shropshire) Parish Council is broadly positive with respect to the new access road from the proposed development to the A49, but looks to the Highways Agency to ensure it safely addresses the increased traffic and access on to the A49. Consideration should be given to provide access from the proposed development to Wyson Lane and/ or Wyson Avenue.
15/31 Next Meeting – The next meeting of the parish council is at 7.30pm on Monday 14 September 2015.
The meeting closed at 8.50 pm.