Minutes of Richards Castle (Shropshire) Parish Council Meeting Held at the Village Hall at 7.30 Pm on Tuesday 5 April 2016
PRESENT Cllr. H Salwey (Chairman); Cllr. T Harrell; Cllr. A Wright; Cllr. B Allwright (Vice Chairman); and Cllr. C Giles.
IN ATTENDANCE Vivienne Parry, Shropshire Cllr., Ludlow South; and Richard Hewitt, Clerk. One member of the public was present.
16/1 Apologies – Cllr. A Cowell and Cllr. D Ayres.
16/2 Declarations of Members Interest and requests for Dispensation – None.
16/3 To approve the Minutes of the previous meeting – Minutes of the meeting held on 9 February 2016 were approved and signed as a correct record.
16/4 To invite views and discussion from members of the parish – Shropshire Cllr. Parry provided an update on the support for the 490 bus service from Ludlow Town Council. Additional funding may be offered by local business. New partnerships between local councils are being explored for the purpose of sharing services.[Shropshire Cllr. Parry left the meeting.]
16/5 Financial items
- a) The following payments were approved: The Clerk, wages, February-March 2016 (£179.14); HMRC, PAYE for period to 5 April 2016 (£89.60); and Clerk, expenses, May 2015-March 2016 (£81.46).
- b) Richards Castle Parish Council website: three quotations were considered for the building and maintenance of a new website. The parish council agreed to appoint Eyelid Productions on the basis of more cost-effective hosting costs. It was agreed to purchase the domain name ‘richardscastleparishes.org.uk’ subject to confirmation with Richards Castle (Hereford).
- c) Beacon at Hanway Common, 21 April 2016: The Clerk confirmed the parish council insurers, based on the information provided, will provide cover for the event for no additional charge. The donation of £75.00 made by the parish council to help the community mark the 90th Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen will be provided once requested by the organisers.
- d) Mr K L Adams was appointed as internal auditor for the parish council accounts
16/6 Clerk’s Report – A local resident has passed the minute and declaration books of the parish council, which date back to 1900, to the Chairman of the parish council for safekeeping. A local resident has said Millennium maps are available in A2, which is 50 percent of the size required to replace the map at Black Pool car park. It may be possible to enlarge the map at a printers.
16/7 Highway Items/ Amenity Items/ Footpath Items
- a) Extended 490 bus service to Ludlow: The parish council agreed to provide £1,000 to Herefordshire Council to help maintain a daytime service to Ludlow during 2016-17. It was agreed to request that the route via the A49 and Sheet Road is maintained once Ludford Bridge re-opens, as it is believed to be increasing the number of people using the service.
- b) Highways improvements, Park Lane: The responsible highways officer has suggested the parish council mark up a map to highlight where ‘localised improvements’ to build up worn verges would be most effective. The Vice Chairman kindly agreed to undertake this review on behalf of the parish council and will provide the marked up map to the Clerk.
- e) Highway/ Footpath and Amenity Matters: The following defects were reported: Cat’s eyes on the roads are in a generally poor condition; bad pothole on the B4361 near the entrance to Moor Park; and poor condition of road surface between the village hall car park and adjoining highway.
There were no planning matters to consider.
16/9 Restoration of clock, All Saints Church – The meeting noted that the £1,000 reserve fund is for general repairs to the clock, usually after the annual inspection. Enquiries of the previous Clerk highlighted an historic grant from Ludlow and Clee Hill Joint Committee to pay for maintenance, which has been spent. There is no other funding available outside of the parish council’s own resources and the War Memorial Restoration Grant obtained by the PCC.
16/10 Draft Supplementary Planning Documents consultation – It was agreed that councillors should consider responding on an individual basis.
16/11 Schedule of parish council meetings for 2016-17 – Agreed.
16/12 Report from Representatives who have attended meetings of other Organisations on behalf of the Parish Council and County Councillor Report –
16/13 Matters raised for next meeting – None.
16/14 Next Meeting – The next meeting of the parish council is at 7.30pm on Tuesday 10 May 2016.
The meeting closed at 8.53pm.