Minutes of Joint Annual Parish Meeting of Richards Castle (Shropshire) and Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parishes Held at The Village Hall At 7.00 Pm on Monday 18 May 2015
PRESENT Cllr. H Salwey (Chairman); Cllr. S Broom; Cllr. R Thomas; Cllr. A Davies; Cllr. T Evans; Cllr. W Hall and Cllr. P Owen.
IN ATTENDANCE Eric Williams, Clerk (outgoing); and Richard Hewitt, Clerk. There were no members of the public present.
- Apologies – Cllr. T Harral; Cllr. B Anderson; Cllr. A Cowell; and Cllr. A Wright.
- To receive the Annual Report from the Chairman of Richards Castle (Shropshire) Parish Council
Cllr. H Salwey, chairman, provided a report for the past year, which is attached to the minutes.
- To receive the Annual Report from the Chairman of Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parish Council
Mr David English, the outgoing chairman, provided a report which reviewed the past year, including donations to the Lunch Club and grant for a defibrillator which is in place to help the community. The lengthsman scheme changes by Herefordshire Council would have transferred costs of up to £500.00 to the parish council. A revised schedule of works was required which has some reduction in grass cutting but with a very much smaller contribution from the parish council.
Mr English thanked the outgoing clerk for his wise counsel and wished him all the best for the future. The new clerk was welcomed with every confidence that the high standard set will be continued.
There were consultations on planning applications for four new houses, all of which were granted permission by Herefordshire Council. The neighbourhood plan steering group is continuing to proceed. Recently, there has been a recalculation on the guideline number of new dwellings to 2031; up from 12 to 18 (which includes the four already given planning permission this year). It is hoped that when the very good response (75 percent) to the questionnaire has been digested, it will be possible to suggest adequate acceptable locations for these.
- Report from the Bircher Ward Councillor, Herefordshire, and Shropshire Councillor Cllr Mrs V Parry
Herefordshire Cllr. S Bowen reported on a wide range of matters including the £20 million dedicated to the repair of C and U roads in the county, the benefit of the new locality steward network established by Balfour Beatty, and increasing proportion of the county budget required to fund social and care services for children and adults. The funding challenge is likely to increase based on current expectations.
The core strategy for the county is expected to be in place by July 2015. The Old Market retail development has been a great success.
Shropshire Cllr. V Parry reported on several matters including play areas, waste management, highways, pathways, the police and Ludlow Town Council.
- Update on the Neighbourhood Plan – A report was provided by email by a local member of the steering group. The steering group is developing a programme of activities, including analysis of the questionnaire and writing the first draft of the neighbourhood development plan. The resulting project plan will then be the basis of an application for a grant to support the process.
- Items from Members of the Public – There were no members of the public present.
The meeting closed at 7.33 pm.